“...order, abundance, and variety of materials create fertile ground for making meaning out of the pieces and parts of our collective lives”

-Bringing Learning To Life



Monday, March 22, 2021

Risky Play





Inspired by the Playwork Course I just completed and newly a book recently published by Rusty Keeler  "Adventures In Risky Play; What Is Your Yes?" advocates for the human biological need for the body to take risk!  As an educator focused on play and confident in providing children the environment and time to partake in "Risky Play," I transform spaces using "loose parts" and inspiring risk opportunities.  Adventure play yards have become a model.     

Wild, free, risky are just a few values modeled and advocated when designs are disrupted.  Sharing my story, being a voice and paving the way to shift the mindset so many educators find themselves up against; abide by licensing OR provide and support children's play, learning and health? 

These photos are extreme for some!   "Risky" does not have to entail heights or speed.  However the adventures I find myself on with my two adventurous children, lead to the type of play I grew up doing.  As a mentor and parent, a need and desire to voice this necessity and human biology has become my story! 




    

No comments:

Post a Comment